Setaram Instrumentation ist ein technologieführender Hersteller von Hochleistungsgeräten für die Thermische Analyse, unter anderem Kalorimeter, Gas-Sorption und Hochdruck-Massenspektrometer. Es existieren Standorte in Caluire (Frankreich), Hillsborough (NJ, Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika) und Shanghai (China).
Setaram bietet komplette und maßgeschneiderte Lösungen für alle Arten von Applikationen wie beispielsweise Materialwissenschaften, Fortschrittliche Materialien, Energie, Prozesssicherheit sowie Pharmazie & Life Science.
The 11th International Symposium on the Characterization of Porous Solids (COPS-XI) in Avignon (France) is the latest of a series of symposia, held every 3 years, devoted to fundamental and applied research on the characterization of the structure of porous materials and the relationship between structure and material performance.
Die Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) und die Gesellschaft für Thermische Analyse e.V. (GEFTA) laden zu den 22. Kalorimetrietagen am 07. – 09. Juni 2017 nach Braunschweig ein. Details finden Sie hier.
Die Tagung ist für alle Themen der Kalorimetrie und ihre Anwendungen in Chemie, Physik, Biologie, Medizin, Industrie und Umweltforschung offen. Beiträge aus der experimentellen Thermodynamik sind ebenfalls willkommen.
SUMMER SCHOOL AND WORKSHOP IN CALORIMETRY 2017
"Calorimetry and thermal methods in material science"Calorimetry and thermal analysis methods, alone or linked to other techniques, will be described and applied to the characterization of catalysts, oxides, metals, supports, adsorbents, polymers, composites, food, pharmaceuticals, mesoporous solids, ionic liquids, phase change materials, heat storage materials, hydrogen storage materials. Examples will be given in various domains: catalytic reactions, air and wastewater treatment, clean and renewable energies, refining of hydrocarbons, green chemistry, hydrogen production and storage, CO2 capture, interseasonal heat storage, food chemistry, polymers... The described techniques will be the following: calorimetry, DSC (differential scanning calorimetry), TGA (thermogravimetric analysis), DTA (differential thermal analysis), TPD (thermoprogrammed desorption), TPR/TPO (thermoprogrammed reduction/oxidation), and coupled techniques as Calorimetry – Volumetry, TG-DSC-MS, TG-FTIR, DSC – Gas Chromatography, Calorimetry - UV / Visible spectroscopy, Calorimetry - HPL Chromatography, Titration and flow calorimetry, modulated DSC,.. Thematic workshops on case studies will be organized according to the scientific interests of the participants (i.e. CO2 capture, hydrogen storage and production, thermochemical heat storage, polymer decomposition, catalytic active sites characterization, experimental set-up and instruments calibrations, experimental data interpretation…). Participants are invited to submit their wishes in the registration form (“Remarks” section). Participants are encouraged to submit a 1 page summary of their work to be considered for poster presentation during the workshop. Experts in the various domains of thermal analysis will be available for discussions. SCIENTIFIC ORGANIZATION Aline AUROUX and Gina POSTOLE, Institut de Recherches sur la Catalyse et l'Environnement de Lyon, UMR 5256 CNRS/Université Lyon 1, 2 avenue Einstein, 69626 Villeurbanne cedex, France Phone: +33 4 72 44 53 98; Fax: +33 4 72 44 53 99; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org DATES June 18 - 23, 2017. Registration on Sunday 18 afternoon and welcome party, beginning of the summer school on Monday 19 morning, end of the summer school on Friday 23 afternoon (around 5 pm). We recommend to stay the week-end to visit the beautiful town of Lyon. LOCATION The school will be held on the beautiful site of Fourvière Hill in Lyon, close to the Basilique de Fourvière and Roman Theater: Centre Jean Bosco, 14 rue Roger Radisson, 69005 Lyon, France REGISTRATION FEE The registration fee includes 5 nights of housing in Jean Bosco or Foyer Jésus-Marie centers (depending on your choice and availability), 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 3 diners, coffees and drinks, 1 welcome party, 1 City tour of Lyon, 1 excursion in the medieval town of Perouges and 1 banquet, the book of lessons and the attendance to the school:
- Students and PhD students (of any public or private organisation): 650 euros with lodging in single room in Foyer Jésus-Marie (only for ladies) or in shared double room in Jean Bosco, 830 euros with lodging in a single room in centre Jean Bosco, or 400 euros without lodging (but including meals). For French students, please provide an attestation from your university or laboratory.
- Other participants (including postdoctoral positions), members of any other public or private organisation: 830 euros (including lodging in single room in centre Jean Bosco), or 550 euros without lodging (but including meals).
- Extra-nights ( including breakfast) will be charged 47 euros ( single room) and 64 euros ( double room) in Jean Bosco center (per night). Please indicate in the registration form, in the column “Remarks”, your dates of arrival and departure and the number of extra-nights you wish.
- Rooms in "Jean Bosco" center: single and double rooms with private shower and toilets are available (please give your preference on the registration form, the price being different with the choice). Wi-Fi is available in the whole center, including rooms.
- Rooms in Foyer Jésus-Marie: located 100 meters from "Jean Bosco" center, single rooms with shared shower (one for 2 rooms) are available. Single rooms with private shower are also available. Internet is available in the rooms.
- Other hotels: a list of low price hotels is available on the web-site.
- Lectures (Power Point slides in English, lessons both in English and French)
- Hands-on (small groups of students)
- Workshops and Round tables
- Poster presentations by the participants
- Two guided visits to calorimetry and thermal analysis laboratories (2 academic and 1 industrial)
- Distribution of a hard copy of the teaching material
- Creation of a web-site as an interactive platform, aimed at allowing the participants to ask questions and communicate each other (for a period of 3-6 months after the end of the School)